Wednesday night Pastor Mark gave the Ten Principles of Reformers Unanimous to the people at church for our Bible study. They bear repeating (or in this case, listing, for he only got through principal 4!)
1. If God is against it, so am I.
2. Every sin has its origin in our hearts.
3. It is easier to keep the heart clean than to clean it after it has been defiled.
4. We cannot fight a fleshly appetite by indulging in it.
5. Small compromises lead to great disasters. (Little sin leads to big sin.)
6. Those who do not love the Lord will not help us serve the Lord.
7. Our sinful habits hurt those who are following us.
8. It is not possible to fight a fleshly temptation with fleshly weapons.
9. We lose our freedom to choose when we give in to temptation. The consequences of our choices are inevitable, cannot be calculated, and are up to God.
10. God balances guilt with blame. Accept the blame for your actions and God will remove the guilt.